Tuesday, December 16, 2008

God is all around us

How many are your works, oh Lord! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. - Psalm 104: 24

Hoy ví a Dios (Today I saw God)...
In a pair of mating red-eyed tree frogs; In a clearing in the forest showing a beach far below; In the face of a dog sleeping contently on a sunny beach; In the warm smile of a jewelry vendor from Uraguay who sold me a bracelet and later joined me for coffee
.
Señor, ¡qué numerosas son tus obras! Tú las hiciste a todas sabiamente, tus criaturas se ven en todas partes. - Salmo 104: 24

Hoy escuché Dios (Today I heard God)...
In the laughter of children playing in the streets; In the sounds of the holler monkeys (they are so loud!); In the call of a toucan; In the chirping croak of a glass frog; In the sound of waves crashing on the shore
.
Hoy sentí a Dios (Today I felt God)... All around me!
.
Señor, gracias por tu creación. Estoy estremecida por todo de lo que eres y todo a mi alrededor. Tu hermosura es incomparable.
.
Father, thank you for your creation. I am in awe of all that You are and all that surrounds me. Your beauty is beyond compare.
(an excerpt from my journal Dec 12,2008)

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Where there is life there is love.
Where there is love there is life.
When our hearts are wide open it is amazing what we see. I bet everything seems more clear, brighter, vivid, colorful, real...
I just get an image of a young child splashing around in rainboots in the gutter laughing as the rain pours down! Totally happy and full of fun and wonder!!
Keep seeing, keep feeling and love life lovin' you.

fivegirlsandaguy:thesixmcleans said...

I'm so encouraged by your blog and by God's faithfulness to meet you during your sabbath. I am pressed to think about His promise in the Song of Solomon 1:4, Draw me after you, and let us run together. He has drawn you, Renee, and I'm thrilled that you're running together with Him! Loving the One Who is Love and thanking Him now for you, Christine