Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ahh...la playa!

Yesterday I drove 4 hours from La Fortuna/Lake & Volcan Arenal to the Pacific coast, where I will be spending the next two days in the small surf town of Tamarindo. WiFi has been down the last few days due to the inland rains, but I have been journaling. I´ll catch up on my Blog soon and I´ll also post my first set of photos on KodakGallery, including pictures from Sunday´s canopy tour/zip lines!

I have a full day planned today: I´m biking to Sugar Beach, a white sand beach where I´ll kayak and snorkel, and then returning to take a late night ¨tortuga tour¨. A group of us will head out at 9pm to see the Leatherback Turtles come to shore to lay eggs! I can hardly wait!

¨Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me--put it in to practice. And the God of peace will be with you.¨ Phil. 4:8-9

3 comments:

Debbie Lockey said...

That beach & kayaking & snorkeling sound wonderful...it's snowing here in Houston. Keep your jacket out for the return trip. Can't wait for your photos!!!

rebecca p said...

so happy to hear from you!! i just now got your blog. how exciting that you are probably watching sea turtles right now as i am writing this-- WOW is all i can say. How very blessed you are to get to experience them. i absolutely LOVE sea turtles. they are such cool creatures- so peaceful as they swim through the water. renee-- have a wonderful time with everything you experience the high energy/exciting times and the quiet peaceful times. we are thinking about you-- take care-- looking forward to seeing the pictures

Kerry said...

Can't wait to hear (I mean read) more.... :)