Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Up with the Birds!

Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. – Psalm 90:14

Today I awoke early and had quiet time with God before the sun came up. While Costa Rica shares the same time zone as Texas, the sun rises much earlier here, and it is light by 0530. It’s the best time of the day as the skies are usually clear and the hummingbirds and squirrels come out to play. My mind is fresh- not yet exhausted from hours of thinking, writing, and talking in Spanish.

I’m starting my day today with a strong cup of coffee, yogurt, cereal, and fresh fruit. Every day they serve papaya, pineapple, melon, and banana along with a typical Costa Rican hot breakfast dish at the gazebo outside my villa. There are few other students this week, so usually I dine alone. It’s so peaceful.

This morning I’m heading out to Volcan Paos for a half day excursion. I’ve decided to switch my schedule to afternoon Spanish classes because there is less rain and less cloud cover early in the day. BTW, WiFi is down right now so my Blogs may be delayed.



(above photo is of Greciás most famous church, taken at sunrise)

No comments: