In my effort to find an copy of the book The Valley of the Vision: A Collection of Puritan Prayers & Devotions on the internet, I stumbled across a collection of worship songs inspired by the book. Just like the prayers themselves, the songs are rich and full of scripture. Short and simple, they get right to the heart of worship: pursuit of our Father and Savior. I connected with one of them while running the other day and played it through three consecutive times on my iPod. It has continued to stream through my head in quiet moments of the days that have followed. I think it's God's way of reminding me that He's All That I Need.In You is strength to sustain me • And wisdom enough to guide my hand • Mercy enough to forgive me • And power to finish what You began
All that I need is in You, Jesus • The fountain of grace that overflows • All that I need is in You, Jesus • You are my only hope • You are my only hope
In You is fullness of gladness • And fullness of grace for every need • Rest for the ones who are weary • And beauty surpassing all that we’ve seen
You satisfy my heart • You satisfy my soul • You satisfy my heart • O help me always know
All That I Need, Stephen Altrogge, Valley of Vision

No comments:
Post a Comment