Thursday, March 4, 2010

Haiti: Day Two

I was awakened today at 0445 to evaluate a woman in labor. She has many hours to go before she delivers so I sent the others away (the excitement of a woman in labor here at camp draws a crowd at any hour). I've been sitting in the dark reading my Bible by headlamp. God led me to this Psalm, a fitting one for this disaster -stricken city. May it encourage you today too. We serve a mighty God, and He is our fortress indeed.


Psalm 46

1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,

3 though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.

Selah


4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells.

5 God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day.

6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall; He lifts his voice, the earth melts.

7 The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Selah


8 Come and see the works of the LORD, the desolation he has brought on the earth.

9 He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth; He breaks the bow and shatters the spear, He burns the shields with fire.

10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

11 The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Selah

2 comments:

Tracy M. said...

"Great vision is birthed out of destruction." Dave Gibbons

Renee, through your hands God is planting shoots and rebuilding a nation. Love is breaking through language barriers and children are getting an impression of Christ through you and your team that will last a lifetime and help rebuild a nation firmly planted in the love of Jesus Christ.

"No longer will violence be heard in your land, nor ruin or destruction within your borders, but you will call your walls Salvation and your gates Praise.
The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory.
Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more, the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your days of sorrow will end.
Then will all your people be righteous and they will possess the land forever.
They are the shoot I have planted, the work of my hands, for the display of my splendor.
The least of you will become a thousand, the smallest a mighty nation.
I am the Lord; in it's time I will do this swiftly."Isaiah 60: 18-22

fivegirlsandaguy:thesixmcleans said...

Exalt the Lord in Haiti! Great is the Lord-worthy of praises!

Let all the nations, including the people of Haiti, sing praises to the Lamb of God! Yahweh! Holy is His name!

It is a blessing and honor for you to share this everlasting and unfailing LOVE with people who so desperately need the One who gives LIFE. He is your God, Renee; He is their God, too - love them like He loves them.

I pray for Him to continue to do miracles by the works of your hands! That story of baby delivery was awesome; it was a miracle that you were sent to that place and at that time.