I waited patiently for the LORD; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. --Psalm 40:1-3
Joy in the Journey: my story
There is a joy in the journey, there’s a Light you can love on the way; there is a wonder and wildness to life, and freedom for those who obey.--Michael Card
My journey, as shared on Aug 30, 2009 at Gateway Church, Austin, TX
First, and foremost: to give God glory and demonstrate His power to transform and renew lives.
Second, to offer hope and encouragement to those wrestling with sin, particularly sexual sin.
And third, to show my gratitude to Jesus for restoring my joy & peace, and showing me the true meaning of FREEDOM.
The precious blood of Jesus Christ redeems; Forgiven I´m alive, restored, set free; Your Majesty resides inside of me; Forever I believe, forever I believe.
Arrested by Your truth and righteousness, Your grace has overwhelmed my brokenness; Convicted by Your Spirit, led by Your Word; Your love will never fail, your love will never fail.
I know You gave the world Your only son for us; To know Your name, to live within the Savior´s love; You took my place knowing You'd be crucified; And you loved a people undeserving!
(lyrics by Hillsong)
2 Cor. 12:9a
My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.
Do not be conformed to the ways of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment